Professor within the Department of Computer Science at the University of Bremen, and Stiftungs Professor at the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI Bremen) in Germany.
I lead the HUMAN-CENTRED COGNITIVE ASSISTANCE LAB (HCC): the core focus of the HCC Lab is on computational visuo-spatial cognition at the interface of artificial intelligence, human-computer interaction, and cognitive science. The HCC Lab develops cognitive assistive technologies aimed at applications in fields such as design (architecture, product, narrative media), geographic information systems, and cognitive vision, and commonsense cognitive robotics.
I also direct the DesignSpace Group, a research and consultation group focussing on the development of cognitive technologies and educational discourse for people-centered spatial thinking and architecture design.
- Spatial Reasoning. www.spatial-reasoning.com
- Cognitive Vision. www.cognitive-vision.org
- The DesignSpace Group. www.design-space.org
previously: Member of the Cognitive Systems group, first as a DAAD Scholar, and subsequently during 2008-2010 as an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow. During 2011-2014, I have also been an elected member and principal investigator in the Spatial Cognition Center (Transregio SFB/TR 8), which ran as a joint initiative between the Universities of Bremen Freiburg during 2003 - 2014.
previous to previously: From 2002 - 2007: Based at the Department of Computer Science at La Trobe University (Melbourne, Australia) where I completed a Masters in Information Technology (2004), and a PhD in Computer Science (2008). Till 2011, underwent basic schooling completing a Bachelor of Economics at the Narsee Monjee College of Economics (Mumbai, India).
Open positions: currently available / email me to find out more.
NEWS. INVITED KEYNOTES | TALKS | MEDIA | ETC
- Keynote — Tobii Pro Event
Eye Tracking Social 2015., Vienna, Austria. www
- Keynote — EG-ICE 2015
European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering (EG-ICE 2015). www
- Invited Talk — IROS 2015: International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems.
Workshop on Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment. www
- Invited Talk — Cognitive Science Institute / Institute für Kognitionswissenschaft (IKW) 2015
University of Osbanrück. www
- Invited Talk — Space Syntax Ltd. 2015
Workshop on Extended Network-Based Description for BIM and Smart Cities, 2015. www
- Falling Walls Lab 2014 — Competition — 2nd Place:
“Breaking the Wall of Computer-Aided Architecture Design”. www
- Invited Talk — University of Münster
GI Forum, Institute for Geoinformatics. www
- Impulse Magazine
Research featured in Impulse Research Magazine of the University of Bremen. (1/2014). www
- Award Nomination — Heinz Maier-Leibnitz-Preis (HML) 2014
Nominated: University of Bremen candidate for the German Research Foundation (DFG) HML Preis 2014
- Invited Talk — DAAD Annual Meeting 2013, Berlin.
Germany Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Freie Universität Berlin 2013.
- DW-World TV Feature
Deutsche Welle (DW-World) TV program `Today Tomorrow' in the segment, Brilliant Minds (2012) www
- Invited Talk — Artificial Intelligence Centre, SRI (2011)
Stanford Research Insittute (SRI). www
- HIGHLIGHTS Magazine Feature — University of Bremen, 2011. www